style="margin-top:40px;

Line

Thursday 18 February 2016

5 Vegan Breakfast Hacks.

I thought I'd do a quick post of some food hacks I've learned in the last few months about making subtle changes to encorprate more planet friendly, healthy meals! I've acumilated most of this through experimenting and of course from the Internet and other vegans favourites. 

1. Oats
This is a bit of a two in one. Even before coming to this lifestyle I always enjoyed having porridge for breakfast as it's super filling and quick to make. I simply switched the cows milk for almond, soy, rice, coconut, hazelnut..the options are endless. My fave is definitely the nut milks! They add an extra creamy taste and are all genuinely nicer! On top of this I add mashed banana into the mix while I'm cooking the porridge on the hob(Also tastes much nicer like this).
Alternatively you could make overnight oats which seem to be pretty popular right now. Basically do the same thing but put them in the fridge the night before! (Note that generally you need less oats this way because the milk is soaked up a lot more so you've got a much thicker consistency) 
On top of this, I use oats as flour too. Just blend up some oats until they turn to powder and voila, you've got gluten-free flour.

2. Chia seeds
These are a staple for me. An awesome source of protein and omega 3, I love to add them to cereal, smoothies or porridge. Useful for baking too, you can actually use this instead of egg! Simply mix 1 part chia seeds with 3 parts water and leave in the fridge for 10 minutes-done! You're left with a gloopy, sticky consistency minus the period! Win win!

3."Nice-Cream"
Done to the death at this stage, nice-cream is the equivalent to ice cream without the crap! Freeze some bananas overnight and place 
in a blender with a small bit of water and you're done. You could add berries or cocao powder to change up the flavours. If I tried to credit all the youtubers and bloggers who've tried this out, I'd be here forever.
        
                                               

4. Pancakes
This is quite possibly my favourite. I normally mix a random amount of flour and milk and one again, I use a mashed up banana instead of egg! It honestly taste dreamy-so much more flavour than a normal pancake and half the cholesterol and fat! In fact this is a meal that would keep you satiated for hours with 0 cholesterol and very low fat-with most of it coming from the oats! 


5. Cake 
This is one I've yet to try out but apparently most generic cake mixes are accidentally vegan appart from the ingredients you have to add. So instead of adding egg and milk, people some how came up with the idea to add coke cola or any soda instead to get the same results! I've seen videos where this looks like it light matey works but I've yet to taste it.

Which ones your favourite? 

X

7 comments :

  1. Nice Cream is now by far the best dessert I have! + I don't feel terrible for eating so much of it haha! I love mixing lots of blue berries/berries in because it makes the prettiest colour. Not sure if you have seen Blogilates Nice cream video- but if you haven't you should :)

    Kathy xx
    www.alongcamekathy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. These recipes all include bananas. I'm not really a fan of bananas but I'd consider trying some of these if the end result didn't have a banana taste.

    -M
    www.violetroots.com/blog

    ReplyDelete
  3. I tried chia seeds in a cafe in Paris a few months ago and I loved it so much!
    Pancakes are also amazing! Wish I had these every day!
    x
    Stella from a Looks & Travels

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great vegan tips, girlfriend! LOVE me some chia seeds. :)

    -Ashley
    Le Stylo Rouge

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for the tips on chia seed in replacement of an egg, I had no idea! I have a huge bag of chia seed and have no clue what to use them for so I'll try your tips next.

    Shireen | Reflection of Sanity

    ReplyDelete
  6. As I´ve recently developed an intolerance to milk I´m now on the hunt for all the vegan options out there. This post is really helpful for that! I love the chia trick and the pancakes look delicious!!
    xx Lisa | Following Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm being vegan for weeks, and it's really refreshing. I feel like I'm depurate myself from meat, and I'm feeling really good. Anyway, love this post, was so helpful!

    xo anna

    www.oliv-avenue.blogspot.it

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...