style="margin-top:40px;

Line

Saturday 9 August 2014

Pixiwoo.

Well, I think it's fair to say that this is a slightly different post to my usual ones. Yesterday myself and Zara got the chance to meet the talented duo of Sam and Nic from Pixiwoo while on their RealTechniques Roadshow. I'm sure you all know Pixiwoo from their fabulous Youtube videos and make-up tutorials.

Speaking as someone whose never been the "fan-girl" type nor have I ever met anyone remotely famous before,( besides Fair City actors, if that counts) let alone an actual meet & greet, I thought I would be calm and chilled for most of it and not get too overwhelmed. However..when you actually meet them, it kind of gets a bit surreal. All of a sudden your in front of these people you've watched on a screen for so long and queued and planned this day and next of all, they're there. You have a minute or two to ask and say whatever you wanted to say to them but of coarse your brain doesn't work like that. Your completely mesmerized by them( and Nic's fabulous two pairs of lashes!) and I know some of you are reading this thinking, oh come on it's not like you've meet President Obama or like Brad Pitt, you're just being dramatic-and I am- but in the moment you really are lost for words.

 As someone who watches Youtubers and beauty guru's, I've never been someone to leave nasty comments or gossip online about them, to be honest I don't care enough. If I don't like their video, I'll just leave it and stop watching but that's not to say I don't see the gossiping others do, that in my opinion no matter what their argument, it always boils down to jealousy. Which is why I would whole heartedly recommend seeing even one of your favourite Youtubers at some stage because you definetely see them in a different light. These days trolls are popping up all over the internet and leaving nasty comments everywhere. Meeting these people you watch from a screen, I think, reinforces the fact that they are just humans too. When you watch them from a screen as they sit there with nothing but there head and shoulders on show and a white background, it's easy to judge, we all to it, unknowns to yourself- you're examining them. Meeting these fabulous ladies made me realise that Youtubers are basically ordinary Joe's like ourselves.






Sam and Nic were so welcoming and down to earth, despite they're fame. They gave us a hug , asked us our names and complimented us before getting in a photo and thanking us for coming out! I didn't expect them to be righteous or mean in any way-which they weren't- but at the same time I didn't expect them to be so down to earth either! They were just fabulous really.

Now, onto the outfit! This little number is a recent purchase. The dress I got in the Topshop sale for an absolute steal-10 euro reduced from 56! I don't think I've ever seen such a bargain! Thankfully we got these photo's done before the rain hit.It was a bit chilly hence why I didn't take my jacket off, but the top half of the dress is high neck and scoops down quite a bit at the sides. I'm terrible at descriptions but I'm sure it will feature again anyway!















Dress- Topshop //Jacket- River Island //Shoes- New Look //Bag- Primark



The whole experience was fantastic and we and a brilliant day out! Have you had the pleasure of meeting Sam & Nic? 

x








36 comments :

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post - I'm literally just finishing off my post on the filming I did with Pixiwoo. Due to be going live next week, you should check it out :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful ladies. Great style ;)

    besos,
    M
    http://theflowerduet.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your outfit is just perf, so gorgeous. Sounds like you had a great time meeting Sam and Nic! x

    holljc.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like you had a great day :) I love your dress
    Tiana x
    Www.tianaesparon.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like you had a great time meeting Pixiwoo! They seem so lovely!

    I really like the dress you've worn here, it really suits you. :)
    I don't think I would ever have the confidence to wear a white dress out, I'd be so paranoid about spilling something on it all day, haha.

    Joanne | www.fashion-oh.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Honestly, wearing any sort of dress is stepping out of my comfort zone straight away! I never usually wear dresses, I generally find they don't suit me! So thank you! X

      Delete
  7. love this outfit thoughhhhhhhh!! You look gorgeous, every things just fits so well x

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love Pixiwoo, sounds like you had a lovely day meeting them :) I love how you've styled your outfit too, you look lovely :)

    laurenslittleblogs.blogspot.co.uk : Student Box Swap

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. great post hun, i love pixi woos!
    beansbeautyblog x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nice find with the reduced price Topshop item! You've prompted me to wonder about how I'd behave/react if faced with a celebrity, as it's never before crossed my mind! Also, can I just say that you have such an ethereal look about you; so serene! :)

    http://findmethoseheels.blogspot.co.uk/
    - I follow back on Bloglovin' -

    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't know hoe I'd react before meeting them either! It's so surrel , and thank you-I followed! X

      Delete
  11. Hell yeah TopShop sales, you look stunning, your height really is the perfect height for a highfashion look :)

    xMM
    THE LAME LIP

    ReplyDelete
  12. Topshop sales are life saving, and I LOVE your shoes and jacket! Your hair is on point.

    New blog post: 99 OUTFITS

    ReplyDelete
  13. Very beautiful. I really enjoy your blog and all your postings.
    Just awesome! (': <3

    Greetings,
    HOLYKATTA

    ReplyDelete
  14. I enjoyed reading this post and looking at your pictures ! Such an adoring outfit-love,love,love
    Charis Felicity
    http://charisfelicity.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lovely post, I also like your outfit :) especially the jacket x

    www.krystelcouture.com | Giveaway

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great post hun! you've got fantastic style, keep it up :)

    Jennos Health.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Nice outfit!Your blog is very nice and interesting. I`m glad if you visit my blog, too <3

    xx
    beauthi.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. It's so cool you got to meet Nic and Sam!!!! Definitely jealous haha

    Deb | Debra Bros Blog

    ReplyDelete
  19. i cant believe those shoes are new look!?!? looking greaaaat gurl

    http://attireanddiary.blogspot.co.uk

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  20. Very cool that your were able to meet them. Btw loved your look, the shoes are amazing!
    xx Ama

    PHUCKITFASHION

    ReplyDelete
  21. Thanks for the sweet comment on my blog! Love that dress so gorgeous & love how you have styled it! x

    ReplyDelete
  22. I love your shoes! They look great :)
    HolleyMarie
    holley-marie.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  23. They do look really kind and down to earth, I love watching their videos too, they do so many different looks :) xx

    Velvet Blush

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...